Policies & Procedures
POLICY AND PROCEDURES
Our school is not only proud of our reputation for giving students a positive experience through their dance training, but is also proud to offer a dance education that includes discipline, respect and class participation. Please review these policies with your child(ren) to be sure Turning Pointe Academy is the right school for you. In an effort to offer all students and their families an organized, friendly and positive experience, we strictly enforce our studio policies. When registering, you will be asked to accept the WAIVER with regards to Class Withdrawal, Transfers, Fees, Liability & Release.
- Students are to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their class and are to be picked up no later than 10 minutes after their class. Younger students arriving early must be supervised. Teachers and Turning Pointe staff are not responsible for students before classes commence or after they have finished.
- Students should arrive dressed according to the dress code with all necessary hair accessories and shoes. Hair is to be worn back off the face for all classes. Ballet students are required to wear their hair in a bun. Staff does not assume responsibility for lost, stolen or misplaced items.
- Students are expected to act appropriately during class and not disrupt their teachers or other students. Parents will be notified if their child is misbehaving or causing a disruption during class. Upon a third notification, the child will be withdrawn from their class at the end of the current term.
- If a student needs to be excused during class for any reason, they must ask permission. No child will be released of their own accord. For early dismissal, parents must make prior arrangements and come to the door to pick up their child. This is a matter of safety.
- Please notify the studio in advance of a class absence.
- Missed classes will not be made up and no refunds shall be issued. Cancelled classes (outside of Statutory Holidays) will be rescheduled or credited accordingly.
- Once registered, student class placement is considered reserved for the full season, and not just for a session. Term 1 fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Fees will NOT be refunded once a term begins. In the case of a withdrawal from Turning Pointe Academy, the director should be notified in writing immediately. Until such time, the space will be held for the student and charges invoiced to the parents or guardians accordingly. Upon withdrawal, the standard Withdrawal Fee of $45.00+HST per class will be processed to the credit card on file.
- Parents must make an appointment to speak with a teacher. Out of respect for students who are waiting for their class to begin, we ask that parents and students do not approach teaching staff between classes.
- Gum chewing is not permitted in the classroom or reception area.
- Students and siblings must be supervised at all times.
- Students who deface or damage studio property will be charged for the cleaning, replacement or repair of such items.
- Food is not permitted in the change rooms. Beverages are not permitted in any studio room at any time. A homework and eating area is provided in the middle halfway.
- Parents, guests and students are welcome to view classes when the studio blinds are open. Viewing areas will generally be open for the first or last ten minutes of each class. Chairs are not permitted in the viewing hall as they are a safety and fire hazard. There is no running, shouting or tapping on the windows permitted at any time. If there is a disturbance or distraction to the class, teachers will request that the viewing area be cleared.
- All tuition is to be paid on the first of each month or in accordance with the terms in our fee schedule. Outstanding fees will be assessed a $40.00+HST penalty. All NSF cheques will be assessed a $35.00+HST penalty.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Students will be measured for costumes starting November 1st, and costumes are ordered at the end of the holiday season. Any students requiring a special order or size may be subject to additional charges. Costumes must be purchased in order to participate in the year-end recital. Costumes do not include required tights or shoes.
- All accounts must be up to date in order that year-end recital tickets and costumes are made available.
- Concerns, questions or comments on any aspect of Turning Pointe Academy’s policies or procedures should be directed to Nicole Garland-Dunn.